Founded in 1949 in Buffalo, New York, as the Stored Energy Division, our heritage in the aerospace industry began in the early 1950s with the development of electro-explosive devices. An early pioneer of the "metal to metal" seal pyrovalve, our valves flew on the Mercury space program in the late 1950s. The company relocated to St. Petersburg in 1983 and was renamed Conax Florida Corporation. Production expanded into explosively-actuated life support systems and egress lighting. After acquiring H. Koch & Sons Company, restraint and inertia reel systems were added to our product lines. Today, we are part of an international aerospace and defense company .
Cobham’s products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms. Our Company employs more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue exceeding $3 billion.